Monday, July 21, 2008

Busy bee

I spent the better part of the weekend working on various projects. Unfortunately, not a single one is totally finished, so I have no pictures to post just yet. I was just saying the other day how I have a terrible habit of starting things and then never finishing them. I need to work on that. But in any case, I'm hoping to finish at least one thing tonight and get some pictures up. This weekend's big project was a nap mat for my friend Meighan's daughter. She bought all the materials some time ago, but I just finally started working on it last week. Like most of the things I aspire to make, I thought it was going to fairly easy, but it did turn out to be more complicated than I thought. Just lots and lots of steps to go through. And me making dumb mistakes that I had to go back and fix didn't help things either.

Other stuff I've been working on: more crochet food, including sushi! And sewing cloth diapers and more wipes. Not nearly as fun or exciting, but practical and necessary. I'm also trying my hand at knitting a wool soaker (another cloth diaper accessory, in case you have no idea what I'm talking about). It's a little funny that I've waited this long to make something like that, considering that it's actually pretty easy to make. I also really really want to try dyeing some wool yarn I have with Kool-Aid, but I'm going to hold off until I get some other things finished first.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin