Monday, August 20, 2007

Admitting I have a problem (part two)

So last night, I went searching through my stash, trying to find a hot glue gun. In the process, I ended up pulling out just about every bin I could find and I realized that my problem extends way beyond yarn. I think in the past ten years or so, I've gone through a phase where I was obsessed with just about every craft out there, maybe with the exceptions of sewing (which I really do want to take up at some point), soap-making, and scrapbooking. I found crafty crap that I totally forgot I owned.


Some examples:

  • A small bin that was FULL of origami paper - I went through a phase where I was really really into making these modular origami boxes. I also have two books of instructions.
  • A small jewelry box that had naked hair clips and pins.
  • Lots of beads (nice ones, too). I can't remember the last time I was remotely interested in jewelry or beading. In fact, I could swear I gave away all my beading stuff to my cousin years ago.
  • Some cording (maybe hemp?) for macrame.
  • Glass bubbles and magnets. I made several hundred of those little bubble magnets as a favor for our wedding reception and, as tedious as it was, I kind of enjoyed it, so of course I went out and bought a whole bunch more.

  • You get the idea. The irony of all this is, that hot glue gun I was looking for? Never found it. I think somehow in the shuffle of moving cross-country three times in the last five years, it must have gotten lost. So what did I do? I went to Hobby Lobby today and picked one up, along with a few other things. So what did I need the glue gun for anyway? I've started making little hair bows for E. Never mind that she doesn't have enough hair to clip them to just yet. Like I said, it's a sickness.

    No comments:

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin