Sunday, August 10, 2008

Small victory

Well, after all the flurry of work getting my Etsy store up (even though there are only the three items), I kind of felt burned out. And between that and T working late all last week, I decided to take a short break from all crafting. But this weekend, I realized that E's school starts in a few weeks and I really needed to get on the ball about making her nap mat.

As I mentioned before, her nap mat was going to be way more basic than the one I made for a friend. I managed to knock most of it out tonight, and I almost feel bad about how plain it is compared to the other one.

Basically, I took the super lazy way out and bought a Kindermat from Target. It's basically a vinyl-covered folding mat - kinda like a little gym mat, but a little cushier. Then I made what is essentially a giant pillowcase for it and put velcro at the very bottom to close the opening. I used a single layer of fleece for the attached blanket, and made a little pillow which I just stuffed inside the cover.

I think I may go back and make a separate segment for the pillow and attach it with button tabs. I also definitely need to add some sort of strap to hold it all together.

Anyways, here it is in all it's lame glory.


And a shot of it folded (which doesn't work very well with the pillow shoved in there):

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin