Friday, August 22, 2008

Bento madness

Or maybe this should be called Hello Kitty madness. I have to confess, I'm a bit of a hypocrite. I am normally against buying my kid "character" toys and other items (in particular, Disney princess stuff), but when it comes to Hello Kitty, all that goes out the window.

E starts preschool in a few weeks (she'll be going one day a week), and I may have gone a little bit overboard buying bento stuff for her lunch. To be fair though, the big pink box at bottom was given to me by my friend,
Shannon. And the top three items (lunch bag, box, and ice pack) are all from Target's Dollar Spot.

So the overboard part really only applies to the red box and the extra silverware set (which is actually for everyday) I bought at the Asian grocery store yesterday. I really had to restrain myself there, and in fact, bought an extra HK box with the excuse that another friend might need it, which she did. I should have taken a picture yesterday, before I gave some duplicates of the Target stuff and the extra box to her. And maybe thrown in all the bento-making supplies that I've acquired over the last couple months. Then you'd really see the madness. Can you tell that I can't wait to start making cute lunches for E?

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Did you not save anything from your California adventure? We use it all the time, especially the egg molds.

Michelle said...

Oh, I have a TON of other stuff, including egg molds. It's just kind of scattered all over the house right now since my little monkey found my stash and has been spreading it around. ;)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin