Thursday, December 6, 2007

Only a crazy person...

...would agree to making 10 dozen cookies for a cookie exchange. And I am that crazy person. Or actually, I guess I'm one of 20 crazy people. Don't get me wrong. I love to bake, and normally this is the type of thing that I would consider super fun. But I think I forgot that it's hard to work with hot ovens and such when you have a 9-month old baby crawling around, pulling up on your pant legs and whatnot.

On the plus side, I will have 20 different half-dozens of cookies to eat. Or wait, is that the minus side?

Did I also mention that yesterday was T's birthday, so I felt compelled to bake for him too? Normally, every year I bake a German Chocolate cake since it's his favorite. But this year, I just couldn't bring myself to commit to it. The thought of dealing with beating egg whites and coconut pecan frosting....*sigh*...let's just say I wasn't up for it. So instead, I made cake balls. OK, go ahead and insert your schwedde/salty chocolate balls joke here. Got it out of your system now?

Anyways, they're basically cake and frosting mixed together, coated with chocolate. Sort of like a cross between a rum ball and a cake truffle. They are far too easy to make and far too good for me to ever make again. I should also note that one batch turned out to be like, 5 dozen of them. We kind of made ourselves sick from eating so many last night.

I know that cooking/baking technically doesn't fall into the "crafty" category, but I figure it's close enough. And hey, it's my blog, I can do whatever I want.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

You crack me up, Michelle! I love your posts! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin