It took me a little longer than I thought, but I finally finished the PortabelloPixie dress!
Despite my nervousness about working with a pattern, I have to say, it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be, especially once I got past all the cutting. The directions were pretty straightforward and easy to follow, although I was annoyed by the fact that there was no warning about the fact that the pattern calls for serged edges. There were alternate instructions for those without a serger, but it added easily another half dozen steps (including more ironing, which I hate! grrrr).
Anyways, here is the finished dress and a rather crappy picture of it, worn by an uncooperative E over her other clothes, mid-twirl.
It's pretty long, so if I end up making this particular version again, I'll probably shorten it quite a bit. Or I may just make the peasant top, instead of the dress. I will also probably not bother turning all the hems again and just leaving them raw with an overcast stitch or whatever. I think it'll go much more quickly next time around, now that I know how it goes together.