I went to a Sewing Night with some mom friends last night and I managed to be surprisingly productive. I haven't had a chance to get any action shots (E was uncooperative, as usual), but I'll try again later this week.
I finally finished the shirred skull dress I started ages ago. I way overestimated the width, so it took me forever to get it pulled as tight as I needed. I think it's still going to be a little big, but I'm otherwise happy with it.
I also managed to whip up another PortabelloPixie outfit - the peasant top this time. It was much faster the second time around, partly because I already know how it goes together, but also partly because I decided not to turn hems and just ran an overcast stitch along all the raw edges. I also skipped the ruffle at the bottom.
And, with a push from my friend Jacki, I finally made my first pair of bloomers! Up until now, I've had a weird phobia about making pants, shorts, bloomers...pretty much anything with a crotch. Yeah, yeah, insert lame joke here. But she gave me a pattern and it was very easy! I still have to insert elastic, so no picture yet, but I'm very happy that I'll be able to make matching bloomers to go with some of these dresses now.
Next up, I think I'm going to try a lined, zipped pouch, which I've been wanting to do for ages. I also want to try one of the dresses from the other PortabelloPixie pattern I bought (Gracie), and then I have some less exciting projects to do, like recover my torn up couch cushions.