Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

I have to confess, I got super lazy this year. Even though I love Halloween and had big plans to paint and/or carve 3-4 pumpkins this year, I didn't end up getting to any of them. Instead, I copped out and bought the very cute Mr. Potato Head pumpkin kit, pictured above, which I sorta love.
I did manage to pull it together enough to make these little pumpkin crayons for a Halloween playdate we went to yesterday though. My original plan was to make these for E's class party, but I just ran out of time. It turned out to be relatively easy though. I broke up some crayons, melted them in a tin can double boiler, and then poured them into a candy mold that I sprayed with a little Pam, just to be safe. I'd say the most time-consuming part was cutting the labels off all the crayons with an razor blade and then breaking them up into small pieces. Oh and having the patience to wait for the crayons to melt completely. I'm very happy with how they turned out though and am definitely going to keep my eyes open for cheap candy molds now. I think these would make great little gifts or favors for a party.

And just for giggles, here's a picture of E in her costume as Rosie the Riveter.


And for reference, the poster

1 comment:

Chrystyna said...

OMG! I LOVE those crayons! I might need to find a skull candy mold. Those would be adorable for party favors for Mac's birthday! Great job!!

And E looks adorable as Rosie!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin