Tuesday, April 29, 2008

On hiatus

Between playdates and travel, the last few weeks have been very very busy, so I've been on a bit of a crafting hiatus. But T was out of town this weekend which actually gave me the opportunity to haul the sewing machine again after I put E to bed. I started off with some more babylegs, made by request for a mom from local mom's board. I love the patterns - they're so cute. Now that E is walking, I'm actually a little bummed that I don't have an excuse to put any babylegs on her until the weather gets cold again. (Forgive the crappy quality of the picture. I was in a bit of a hurry.)

I also finally got around to working on a sundress for E. It's a pretty easy project because the material is already smocked when you buy it, so all you have to do is sew a seam up the back and add straps. I'm still pretty proud of myself though, since it's the first garment that I've ever sewn for E.

Next up, I'm going to try to make a pillowcase dress, or some version of one. I'm also going to a sewing night next weekend where I'm (hopefully) going to learn how to make an appliquéd tee.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin