Monday, January 17, 2011

Burn out

I think Halloween totally burned me out on crafting, and maybe blogging too.  It's been forever since I've posted, but believe it or not, I have still been making stuff.  Just been too lazy to edit and upload pics so I could blog.  Plus we were out of town for long stretches over both Thanksgiving AND Christmas/New Year's...and well, you get the picture.  Enough with the excuses, on to the crafts!

Like I mentioned, I haven't been totally idle, but I did take a long break from sewing after making all those costumes.  Instead, I decided to get back into knitting.  A little lower stress, and bonus points for being able to do it on the couch, in front of the TV. ;)  First up, a newborn hat that I made for a friend's new baby boy.  Photo by bernadette uzcategui photography.


 The baby's father loved the hat so much that he requested a matching hat of his own, hee.  So not only did I make one for him, but I also made a headband/headwarmer in the same colorways for the mom.

Next up, a hat for myself!  I took a quick trip to Philadelphia one weekend to visit a friend, and we went to one of my favorite yarn stores there, Nangellini. The owner, Nancy, is so wonderfully friendly (and she even remembered me from my last visit, a year ago!), I highly recommend checking it out if you're ever in the area.  I couldn't resist this yummy Ushya wool yarn and knit up a 'holey' hat, stranded with some Noro yarn for texture.

photo



Of course, I also had to make a newborn hat for my new niece!  I love that this sort of looks like a candy cane.

photo 

And here she is modeling it at Thanksgiving.  :)  Forgive the blur, this was hastily snapped with my phone.
photo
I also knit up a cocoon to take pictures of her in, but sadly, she was already too big (and active) for it.
photo 


photo

Another baby hat. This time I experimented with a sort of twisted rib pattern. 
photo 

I'm not sure if I like how it turned out; I think it sort of looks like a head of lettuce, lol.  It looks slightly better when the bottom edge is turned up a bit.  Apologies for the creepy doll-model.  I don't have quick access to any tiny babies these days. 
photo 
Since the weather has finally gotten colder, I also knit up a quickie scarf for E.  She picked the yarn herself. I tried to hold back my gag reflex. I used a basic basketweave pattern, K4, P4 for 4 rows and then switch.

photo 
She got all goofy and uncooperative when I asked her to actually model the darn thing.  Ah, 3-year-olds.

photo

Next up, holiday crafting! :D

2 comments:

Jacki said...

what cute things! and those babies! SO sweet! ha ha, at Evy and her looney pose. I've got lots of zoolander-style modeling happening at my house lately.

Mrs. Bianca said...

I love that cocoon and those hats!!! I think the only time I put a hat on Mari when she was a newborn was at the hospital when they put one on her. It was forever before I tried another, but I think it was because I didn't have cute hats!!

Speaking of, I hope that family gets a picture with all of their matching accessories. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin