Well, I tried to sell off E's nap mat thinking that I'd make a new one, but that sorta fell through. Plus, I got all lazy and unmotivated to make a brand new one this past weekend, so instead, I decided to just make some adjustments so I could still use the old one. Pretty simple, really. I bought some quilt batting from Joann's, doubled it up and stuffed it inside. Then I put the pillow insert in and sewed a line straight across to keep it from falling out. Sewed a few diagonal lines to keep the batting from moving around too much, and voila! New and improved nap mat!
If I weren't so lazy, I would have ripped the velcro off and sewn the whole thing shut since it keeps sticking to the batting. I may get to that eventually, but not before school starts tomorrow.
I also added a little carrying handle out of the nylon webbing that I was originally going to use as a strap/buckle to keep it closed, but then discovered I couldn't since it was a strangulation hazard. The strap is kind of useless right now though since I don't have a way to hold the whole thing closed. Again, I'm shooting to have it all finished up by next week. Right now, I'm scurrying to throw together a tote bag and lunch bag, and I've also got to stick name labels on just about everything. It's going to be a late night!