Thursday, November 13, 2008

Yeah, I've been lazy

My case of burnout lasted a lot longer than I thought it would. Especially when it comes to sewing. I finally got going on some baby leg warmers this week and realized that it had been a LONG time since I'd sewn anything! I think the last thing I made was that doll for E.

But since cool weather is finally upon us and the holidays are coming up, I really need to get my butt in gear. And what better way to motivate myself than with shame? So here's a list of all my current projects, both partially finished, and things I've promised to people that I haven't even started. I'll try to do this chronologically, but I make no promises. And some of these are probably repeats from a old post on WIPs.

The first thing that jumps to mind is a knitted sleeveless top that I started as a birthday gift for my mom...4 years ago. I honestly don't know what my problem is with this project except that I'm a bit bored by it. It's more than half done, and not a hard project by any means (almost all stockinette), but I haven't touched it in ages.


Bah, screw chronology. I'm just going to go in order of whatever my addled brain comes up with. Right now, more than anything, I need to work on stock for my Etsy store. I need to make more fruit & veggies, as well as some more breakfast sets. I also have been wanting to do some cupcakes and other sweets. I'd also like to work out a few different hat patterns. Oh, and I have a custom hat that I need to get going on too. I had originally planned on making a few hats as gifts, but not so sure I'll get to them in time. I also have been working on felt alphabet letters, but it is slow going. And I was contemplating making some silly stuffed animals too, but it's probably too much.

I have a whole bunch of stuff that I've promised to make for my friend Meighan. There's a couple of bibs from this very cute flannel kitty fabric. Then there's a tank dress from some knit kitty fabric (yes, her daughter likes kitties). A doll similar to the one I made for E. Some baby leg warmers. And probably a few other things that I'm forgetting.

Then there's the giant list of stuff for E, some of which I've stalled so long that there's almost no point in making them anymore. I have some really cute Halloween fabric that I was going to make into a dress...um, I guess for next year. Oops. And some other cute fall-ish fabric that I was going to make a pillowcase dress out of, but now I may wait until spring. I keep seeing such cute fabric and patterns, but I've finally come to grips with the fact that I cannot buy anything else until I finish some other stuff first. I know, it sounds pretty common sense to most people, but I have a problem with acquiring things. I've successfully stayed out of the fabric store for almost a month now! Woohoo!

I'm currently in the middle of knitting a matching cable-knit hat for E, to go with the one I made myself. I'm dying to knit a little sweater dress for E too, ever since I saw this adorable cable-knit Ralph Lauren one at Nordstrom Rack when I was in Chicago. And yes, I realize it would be cheaper to buy the dress than to make it, and I would have (even though it was overpriced) but they didn't have her size. So now I'm going to attempt to recreate it. Yes, I'm currently obsessed with cabling.

I'm also way way behind on all of my digital scrapbooking and crap. I had intended on making a book or calendar for the grandparents for Christmas, but not sure how far I'm going to get now. I'm starting to see why those ones you can order at Walgreens or wherever are appealing, even if they are kind of chincy.

On the plus side, I did get a bunch of baby leg warmers done this week, some of which I already mailed off without taking pictures. I should have taken a picture of the mountain of socks I had on my worktable, but again, I forgot.

But I'm going to really start cranking now. For realsies. Stay tuned for pictures of actual finished items!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin