Saturday, June 14, 2008

Almost forgot

I DID actually do a teeny bit of sewing this last week. I made some cloth wipes to go with my cloth diapers. I knew there was a reason I had all this flannel laying around. The sizes are odd because I mostly used up scraps of what was left after I cut out bibs, but I figure it doesn't matter all that much. I could easily gone the cheapo route and cut up some old towels, but I bought some terry from Hancock's just because I wanted to see what it was like. It washed up super duper soft, and I kind of like that it's thinner than a regular towel.

They were pretty easy, although a wee bit more time-consuming than I thought they'd be, but only because I'm anal retentive and had to iron and topstitch and all that stuff. Yes, I'm becoming a total sewing nerd. I'm going to make some more when I get a chance.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin