Thursday, March 6, 2008

Ooh, what's for dinner!

It is a yucky, dreary, chilly rainy day here today. I thought I moved away from Chicago to get away from things like SNOW in MARCH! In any case, days like this make me long for comfort food - things that I ate growing up, which in my case usually means Chinese food. And not the junk that you get from the take-out place either. Home cooking, which they don't really serve in most Chinese restaurants. Unfortunately, my rice cooker died an unfortunate death recently, so I've been a bit lost without it.

This morning in the shower though, I had a stroke of inspiration. I can't believe that I didn't think of this before, but I'm going to set up a "hot pot" tonight, also known as shabu shabu. You'll see why this is on the crafty blog when I get some pictures going. Yay! I'm all excited now!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin