Friday, February 22, 2008

BAH!

I'm trying really hard to stick to a project from start to finish with this Knit Along thing. But because I had to divert from the pattern, it's getting a little complicated. The needle roll so far has come out way wider than I thought (always a problem because I seem to knit very loose compared to gauge). Normally, this wouldn't bother me because this thing is supposed to be felted anyway, but now I'm starting to run out of yarn and it's not quite as long as I'd hoped. Also, my friend Mee just told me that when you felt, your piece shrinks more in length than width. Doh!!

Anyways, here's what I have so far. I'm too anal retentive to just start tacking on whatever other yarn I have on hand. It has to follow the pattern I have in my head. Since I took the picture, I've run out of the green, so I unravelled and picked out stitches from the bottom and am adding more on that end. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens when I felt. I'm hoping to finish this main part tomorrow night when I have people over for a Knitting Night.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin